Aurora Gallery would like to introduce a new opportunity for an art show coming in July of 2020 here at the gallery. Last year we did art on teabags, and this year we are expanding the show to create art on any nontraditional canvas. We are looking for creative, out of the box pieces of art that are created using traditional mediums like drawing, painting, and sculpting and put on nontraditional supports like reclaimed wood, glass, teabags, clothing, chairs, and rocks just to name a few.
Here are guidelines for the show:
- We are not looking for canvas that has been reused. We want artists to stay away from canvas, wood panels, masonite, and illustration boards.
- You can submit artwork you already have, but only work that has never been shown in a gallery/show. Other than that, please submit new artwork.
- Although these pieces will be created on nontraditional supports, they still must be gallery ready, meaning they are able to hang, sit on a stand, or be displayed on a pedestal.
- We are accepting one submission per person, or small sets. However, please feel free to create multiple pieces so we have a selection to choose from, or in case one piece sells.
- The show will run from July 3rd-July 31st. The opening will be July 3, 2020 from 5-9pm on July’s First Friday Art Walk.
- Artwork must be dropped off gallery ready by Friday June 20, 2020
- Applications for the show will be coming soon, they will be available on our website, social media, or you can stop by the gallery to pick one up.
- If you are looking for inspiration, you can look up reclaimed canvases or search the artist Ruby Silvious. We also have a ton of ideas so don’t hesitate to contact us about ideas for the show.
- If we receive an abundance of submissions, this will turn into a Juried Art Show.
If you have any questions about the show, please ask McKenna or Elizabeth. We’re excited to see what everyone comes up with for this show. For more information and link to the application please visit our Facebook Page and look under our events.